Crew Wanted - Sailing and Surfing, Tahiti and French Polynesia islands in the South Pacific on a Farr 48

Adventurous crew wanted!  We are a couple with 2 young boys cruising through the South Pacific during 2016/2017.  We have a fast, comfortable 48ft Farr yacht.

We can take up to 4 crew, beginner sailors welcome, shared expenses.  Lots of toys on board - kayak, sailing dinghy, wakeboard, bodyboard, spearguns, windsurfer, stand up paddleboard guitars, etc.... 

Families are also welcome to join us - we have a double cabin for parents and single bunks for the children.

Taking crew from August 2016 during the following dates, and possibly later too (we'll be in the islands of Tahiti until June 2017):

Sep 1st - Sep 20th 2016 - Full crew already.

September 29th - October 19th 2016. - 2 spaces left

Nov 9th - Nov 29th - Full crew already

Please email us for more information: (We prefer email to using the forum here as we don't get internet access every day and emails are less likely to get overlooked!!)  fransandsylvia at h****** dot com

Happy sailing!

Views: 2269

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Sylvia, this sounds great,

Last time I was in Tahiti ecc. was 1990! not sailing then. Now I got into sailing and will complete my Dayskipper RYA this July (i did the practical before, redo it now together with theory). other than that I sail only - unfortunatly - on the lakes in switzerland. I would love to join You with my youngest daughter, 14 yrs, in Oct. She is a RYA competent crew, and we sailed together on the classic tall ship "Oosterschelde" in the cape verdian islands. Her school holidays unfortunatly are 8th Oct. -  23rd Oct. 2016. How old are Your boys?
How much would it cost us?

Will be happy to hear from You. Kind regards, andrea

Hello. I would definitely be interested to join you sailing around Polynesia. I have previously sailed out of Tahiti on the tall ship Soren Larsen and would very much like to take a slower journey in the local atolls. I am a young 62, retired with lots of time to travel, I have been a surfer from 10 years old and recently traded in my longboard for a surfski as the crowds in the GoldCoast are too aggressive today to be enjoyable. I'm interested in all things water related including scuba and snorkelling. My recent sailing experience in 2015 was a 12 week sail from Palau to Truk Lagoon as crew on the yacht Charisma, sailing and diving on the remote atolls of Micronesia. Charisma also posts for crew on Floatplan.

Most interested to hear more from you.
My email is Randall.f.carter@g********
Mob in Australia is +61 406 408335
My Skype is randallonwalkabout

Hope to hear back from you

Thanks and regards
Randall Carter

Be happy for this moment. This moment is your life.
Attachments:
Hi Sylvia,
I am a 38 year old male chef currently working term charters in the BVI. Our season ends in August and was planning on heading to the south pacific this summer and I would be very interested in sailing with you. I dont have much experience off shore but I've been living and working on sail boats for the last few years so I know my way around a boat, and I can cook!, lol! Shoot me an email if you'd like to know more.
Matt Proto
mattproto32@g********

Hi friends,  Heidi and Allan here from the eastern Sierra.  we love backpacking, rockclimbing, hotsprings in Saline bunalley, climbing peaks and skiing back down when snow and time allow which has been scarce this year as snow and visitors have been abundant.  We have done long distance kayaking, some surfing, sailed around Manhattan, and hitch-hiked in our youth.  We need a great water vacation and intro to life aboard.  has been great aboard the cat in the Hudson River and the boat tied up in San Diego.  sleep well like camping.  What kind of fish are good to catch in that area of the world?  Where are you now? .com allan.weidner@g****

I might be interested. 50 year old male, computer consultant, francophone, scuba diver. Please send more info about costs. I have some sailing certs and a few years sailing experience. Have lived aboard for weeks at a time. I play guitar and sing. Mraymus@y********
Hi Sylvia,

I emailed you about the prospect of joining you but am not sure if you received it?

We are two adults and two boys aged 11 and almost 7.

We have no experience but my husband is VERY handy and a great cook.

Can you email lockharthelen@g******** if you'd like to discuss further

Thanks

Helen

Hi!

I just sent you an email as requested.


Thanks

Hi Andrea, just sent you a message, thanks, Sylvia

Andrea Hazan said:

Hi Sylvia, this sounds great,

Last time I was in Tahiti ecc. was 1990! not sailing then. Now I got into sailing and will complete my Dayskipper RYA this July (i did the practical before, redo it now together with theory). other than that I sail only - unfortunatly - on the lakes in switzerland. I would love to join You with my youngest daughter, 14 yrs, in Oct. She is a RYA competent crew, and we sailed together on the classic tall ship "Oosterschelde" in the cape verdian islands. Her school holidays unfortunatly are 8th Oct. -  23rd Oct. 2016. How old are Your boys?
How much would it cost us?

Will be happy to hear from You. Kind regards, andrea

Hi Randall, Just sent you an email, thank you.  Please reply by email as we have very limited internet access and are not always able to get on to floatplan. Sylvia



Randall Carter said:

Hello. I would definitely be interested to join you sailing around Polynesia. I have previously sailed out of Tahiti on the tall ship Soren Larsen and would very much like to take a slower journey in the local atolls. I am a young 62, retired with lots of time to travel, I have been a surfer from 10 years old and recently traded in my longboard for a surfski as the crowds in the GoldCoast are too aggressive today to be enjoyable. I'm interested in all things water related including scuba and snorkelling. My recent sailing experience in 2015 was a 12 week sail from Palau to Truk Lagoon as crew on the yacht Charisma, sailing and diving on the remote atolls of Micronesia. Charisma also posts for crew on Floatplan.

Most interested to hear more from you.
My email is Randall.f.carter@g********
Mob in Australia is +61 406 408335
My Skype is randallonwalkabout

Hope to hear back from you

Thanks and regards
Randall Carter

Be happy for this moment. This moment is your life.

Hi Matt, Just sent you an email, thank you.  Please reply by email as we have very limited internet access and are not always able to get on to floatplan. Sylvia

Matt Proto said:

Hi Sylvia,
I am a 38 year old male chef currently working term charters in the BVI. Our season ends in August and was planning on heading to the south pacific this summer and I would be very interested in sailing with you. I dont have much experience off shore but I've been living and working on sail boats for the last few years so I know my way around a boat, and I can cook!, lol! Shoot me an email if you'd like to know more.
Matt Proto
mattproto32@g********

Hi Allan, Just sent you an email, thank you.  Please reply by email as we have very limited internet access and are not always able to get on to floatplan. Sylvia


allan weidner said:

Hi friends,  Heidi and Allan here from the eastern Sierra.  we love backpacking, rockclimbing, hotsprings in Saline bunalley, climbing peaks and skiing back down when snow and time allow which has been scarce this year as snow and visitors have been abundant.  We have done long distance kayaking, some surfing, sailed around Manhattan, and hitch-hiked in our youth.  We need a great water vacation and intro to life aboard.  has been great aboard the cat in the Hudson River and the boat tied up in San Diego.  sleep well like camping.  What kind of fish are good to catch in that area of the world?  Where are you now? .com allan.weidner@g****

Hi Matt, Just sent you an email, thank you.  Please reply by email as we have very limited internet access and are not always able to get on to floatplan. Sylvia

Matt Ray said:

I might be interested. 50 year old male, computer consultant, francophone, scuba diver. Please send more info about costs. I have some sailing certs and a few years sailing experience. Have lived aboard for weeks at a time. I play guitar and sing. Mraymus@y********

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Share Your Journey With Us


If you have used Float Plan to find a boat or a crew member, or had a good experience using the website, being part of the community or you just love what we are trying to do (make sailing accessible to everyone), I would really appreciate a quick note that I could use as a testimonial on the new website. Thank you, Andrew

Latest Activity

Arvin Donner liked sailing the farm's profile
9 hours ago
Arvin Donner liked sailing the farm's profile
9 hours ago
Arvin Donner replied to Leigh Ann's discussion ATTENTION All Positions For Everyone Wanting To Learn How To Crew On A Professional Charter Sailing Yacht
9 hours ago
Arvin Donner liked Leigh Ann's discussion ATTENTION All Positions For Everyone Wanting To Learn How To Crew On A Professional Charter Sailing Yacht
9 hours ago
Arvin Donner liked Leigh Ann's discussion ATTENTION All Positions For Everyone Wanting To Learn How To Crew On A Professional Charter Sailing Yacht
9 hours ago
Leigh Ann posted a discussion
9 hours ago
pete panic posted a discussion
9 hours ago
Profile IconSean Campbell, LE MARCHAND YVES and Julie Metta joined Float plan
9 hours ago
ivo subani replied to Harke's discussion Crew Wanted - Sailing at the Anambas islands (Indonesia, 200Nm NE of Singapore)
19 hours ago
J Keith Sowell shared their discussion on Facebook
Saturday
J Keith Sowell liked J Keith Sowell's discussion Crew Wanted - New Sailboat Owner looking for experienced sailor to help sail from Florida to the Keys and beyond
Saturday
Aryavrit Travels commented on Infinity Expedition's blog post Special offer celebrating ‘Sea Gypsies’ movie premiere!
Saturday
Fabian Rateau updated their profile
Saturday
Jonas replied to Jonas's discussion Crew wanted Hawaii/South Pacific
Saturday
J Keith Sowell posted a discussion
Saturday
Marco Bocci posted a discussion
Saturday

© 2017   Created by Andrew Sanderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service